Pages

Monday, January 11, 2021

How to make a Baked Cheese cake Tuesday 5th Jan

 On a boiling hot day, one of my friend's parents dropped off Alec and I at home from surf school.  It had been a blast! When I arrived home, I wanted to make a cheesecake, so I did.  

Ingredients:

Base:

250 g of any biscuit

100g of melted butter

1tsp mixed spice

Filling:

500g cream cheese

1tbsp lemon juice

1tsp vanilla extract

2/3 cup sugar

4 eggs

Method:

  • Grease a 20m springform tin.
  •   Crush biscuits in a food processer and add mixed spice and butter
  • Line base of tin with foil and brush sides with oil. Press crumbs over base and sides of tin. Place in the fridge for 20 minutes.
  • Meanwhile, to make the filling, preheat oven to 180C.
  • Beat cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar, vanilla and lemon juice until smooth.
  • Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
  • Pour mix into tin and bake for 45 minutes or until just firm to the touch.
Hope you try it at home it was delicious.    

Click here to listen step by step:

3 comments:

  1. Kia ora Georgie,

    Fiona here from the Summer Learning Journey. What an awesome blog post you have done about how to make a delicious baked cheesecake - ka pai! Your blog has made my tummy rumble... I am going to give this recipe a go. Wish me luck!

    Keep up the fantastic mahi!

    Mā te wā,

    Fiona (SLJ).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Georgie, Elle here again from the Summer Learning Journey.

    Thank you for sharing such an awesome blog post about your cheesecake recipe - cheesecake is my favourite dessert! A compote sounds so fancy and tasty.

    I am a beginner baker, so I wonder if this is a good dish for me to make? Or should I start with something easier, if you have a recipe in mind? I would love to hear your thoughts!

    I thought it was awesome that you included videos - it made me chuckle when you said that you ate nearly all of it because you had friends over! There would be nothing left to video if I made one, I would be too impatient and eat it all!

    Keep up the great blogging - I look forward to seeing what you do next. It would be so great to see more of your yummy recipes!

    Ngā mihi,
    Elle (SLJ)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A cheese cake that would rival any in New York! It was delicious and very very filling!

    ReplyDelete