Pages

Monday, December 28, 2020

My Holiday : Tuesday 15th December Pancake rocks

 On a relaxing Tuesday,  at 7:19 am, I woke up at Carter's beach. Also, I watched the chrome book. I packed mine and Alec's suit case ready for going to Hokitika. For breakfast, I had a slice of seed toast with cheese which was scrumptious. Next, I got changed, I took the sheets off my bed, brushed my teeth, and brushed my hair. 

At 9:30 am , we left Carter's beach and headed to Hokitika. On the way, we stopped at Truman walk, where you go and see huge waves crashing onto the rocks. A little while later, we jumped back into  the car and drove to the pancake rocks. They looked amazing, just like a  pancake. My Dad gave my brother Alec a challenge, because he is trying to be a member of PRODIGY. So our activity was throwing rocks to try and see a splash. Sadly, Alec didn't get it so he ran off. In the end, at the last throw, Mum said

"I think it was a splash." So Alec got a month of Prodigy.  

At 12:45 pm, we ate lunch; I had a ciabatta roll with cheese and butter that was mouth- watering. After we ate lunch , we hopped back into the car for another hour. When we arrived in Hokitika, we walked down to a little town where we decided what we were going to do the next day. We stopped at a pub to get some drinks, such as lemonade and beers. 

At 6:30 pm, we headed back to the place that were staying in and had showers. For dinner, we had  wraps and chicken with veggies which was great. Also, we started watching the Grinch 1/2 way. A few minutes later we jumped into our beds. Goodnight every one. 😀💤








3 comments:

  1. Kia ora Georgie, this is Elle from the Summer Learning Journey.

    Thank you for sharing your adventure to the Pancake Rocks! You have given a great recount of everything you did - I especially like that you included some of the scrumptious meals you had along the way!

    It looks like you have had a wonderful time and I enjoyed looking at the awesome photos that you’ve taken! It looks like it was a chilly day - were you wrapped up nice and warm?

    The Grinch is an awesome movie! Did you watch the movie from 2000 with Jim Carrey, or the 2018 animation? I love both!

    Keep up the great blogging and I’m looking forward to seeing more of your adventures!

    Ngā mihi,
    Elle (SLJ)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elle,thank you for commenting on my blog. We watched the animation of the Grinch. Also, It was a little chilly at pancake rocks and I did have big hoodie on to keep me warm.
    Enjoy the rest of your holiday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia ora Georgie, you are most welcome.

      The animated version of the Grinch is great. I finished watching it for the first time last Christmas, and it was so sweet that it almost made me cry! The ending was very beautiful, so I definitely recommend you finish the movie some time if you haven't already.

      That's good to hear you were cozy and warm - it wouldn't be fun catching a cold in the summer time!

      I hope you had a Happy New Year and enjoy the rest of your holiday too!

      - Elle

      Delete