Pages

Wednesday, December 16, 2020

My Holiday: Sunday 13th December Lake Rotoiti

On a bright summers day, I woke up at The Jumping Goat Farm. I woke up at 9:00 am. After that, I got changed into my togs. The pool was very cold. It was as cold as the Antarctica sea and it had leafs and dirt in it too. After I got out, I had breakfast - a slice of seed bread with peanut butter. Also, I went for a shower and got changed.  Pool video

At 10:30 am, we decided to go to Lake Rotoiti that Emma - the lady who ran the Air B 'n' B-  said  is a good place. She also gave me and my brother Alec some cat crunchies because we were going to lake Rotoiti where there are millions of eels to feed. 

At 11:30 am, we arrived to lake Rotoiti. The water was as clear as plastic wrap. There were millions of eels, a jetty that you swim and jump off, and there was also a forest walk. Me and my Dad swam up to the jetty that was freezing. I felt I was going to have frost bite for a minute. I swam my fastest to make it to the jetty. When I got there was lots of duck poo. The water was 8 metres deep. A few minutes later, I swam back to shore and got a warm towel. After that,my Mum went on the  forest walk and me, Dad,and Alec lay in the sun. A little bit later, we strolled down to the bridge where all the eels were and we fed them some cat crunchies which they liked. Then me and my dad jumped off the bridge/ jetty. That was amazing ! Also, mum met us there.

 



At 2:30 pm , we jumped back into the car and drove to Carter's beach which took about 1 1/2 hours. Me and Alec also had a nap. When we arrived it was 6:15 pm and we brought all our suit cases into the bach. Alec and Mum went to Carter's beach for a play, while me and my Dad made dinner; we had the BBQ on and had steaks and lamb chops. Also, some veggies too.  After we ate dinner, we headed to Carter's beach as a family which was fun. When we got back to the Air bnb, we put the T.V on and I finished off my blogs.  Soon, we went to bed ! 



1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that we asked where to go, as we had so much fun at Lake Rotoiti! Amazing swimming for you and so many eels for Alec to love!!

    ReplyDelete