Pages

Tuesday, December 29, 2020

My Holiday: Wednesday 16th December Tree top walks +Glacier Gorge

 On a wonderful Wednesday, I woke up in Hokaitika. Also, watched the chrome book for a bit. For breakfast, I had eggs on toast which was tasty. Next, I got changed, brushed teeth, put on sunscreen, and did a few jobs. 

At 10:15 am, we hopped into the car and drove to the tree top. When we arrived at tree tops walks, we walked to the cafe were we were going to pay. Then, we walked up a steep hill for a little bit of the walk. When we reached the top, we ran down the walk way. We were 20 m high, I bet my Auntie  Diane would get very scared. There were pictures of types of birds and some information that we read. I really enjoy this experience. We walked, back down to the car and Mum and Dad got a tea and a coffee.    ( Click there to see how high we were Tree top walks )

At 1:25 pm, we jumped backed into the car and headed to the Glacier Gorge in Hokitika. When we a
rrived, we went on the little trail to get there. We had to cross a big,long, and wobbly bridge to get to the other side. There was another family there and they were jumping in. Dad said, 

"Do you want to jump in?"  

"Yes," I replied.

A few minutes later, I got changed and felt the water, which felt warm. I stood on a huge rock. 3,2,1 I jumped! It was freezing! But I did it a few more times, because it was fun.  After that, I got all dry and put my clothes back on. Then, we walked back to the car, had a snack and carried on driving back to our house that we were staying in. When we got back, we took showers as we were going out for dinner. Following this, we walked down to the restaurant. When we found our seats, me and Alec decided we were going to share a big plate of food such as chips, chickens nuggets, fish bites, cheese, chocolate fish, and  fruit, which was yum!  When we were finished, we walked back to the place that we were staying in. When we got home, I made myself a hot chocolate and we watched 'The Grinch'.

What an awesome day!😃


1 comment:

  1. I loved the tree top walks and I counted to steps to the look out!

    ReplyDelete