Pages

Thursday, October 15, 2020

My Holiday: Roast Sunday 4th October Part 3


 At 3.00 pm, me and Kate cut and peeled all the veggies such as potatoes, carrots, and broccoli. After that, we rode our bikes to the pub to get drinks. Later that afternoon, we rode back on our bikes and peeled the parsnips and cut them in long strips. One of Daryl's tricks is to flour the potatoes to make them extra crunchy . They looked like ice on a castle.  Then we put all the veggies and meat in the oven. When we had dinner, it was delicious.  I really enjoyed the roasted parsnips and lamb.

After we ate dinner, we watched the movie "Rango". It was about a lost lizard and water shortage. We watched half of the movie and ate my leftover birthday cake.  

It was another great day in Whitianga!  



 

2 comments:

  1. A great post and picture - I love the description of the potatoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, enjoy the rest of you day!

    ReplyDelete